Roasted vegetables with melted cheese
An easy way to your five a day with this delicious dish, ideal for new mums.
User rating - 3 ratings - average 3.0 stars.
- Cut the red peppers in half, scoop out the seeds and cut into chunks. Trim the courgette and cut into similar sized chunks.
- Peel the onions and cut into wedges. Trim the aubergine and then cut into similar sized pieces as the courgettes.
- Put all of the vegetables into a heavy based roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and mix well to coat.
- Add the garlic and the rosemary.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and just light golden around the edges. You will need to turn them half way through cooking.
- Tear the mozzarella and scatter over the vegetables. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes or just long enough for the cheese to melt.
Additional Information and Tips
Roasted aubergine is filling but if you are feeling peckish you may want to cook some couscous to eat alongside.
Each portion contains
of your guideline daily amount
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red onions
- 1 large aubergine or 2 smaller ones
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 150g mozzarella (or goat cheese)
- 3tbsp olive oil
People who like this recipe also liked...
People who liked this recipe also liked...
- Energy shake for breas...
- Fruit crumble
- Easy fish curry
- Mini thai fish cakes
- Spaghetti puttanesca
- Chorizo and Chickpea S...
- Ginger thins with lemo...
- Roasted vegetables wit...
- Fig rolls
- Chicken, potato & gree...
- Lamb & parsnip cassero...
- Fairy cakes
- Barbecue chicken
- Banana bread
- Pea & parmesan risotto
- Spanish tortilla
- Salmon parcels
- Green couscous with ha...
- Plum crumble with cust...
- Sausage pasta with oli...