A dreamy dish that's guaranteed to be a hit with the kids!
User rating - 0 ratings - average 0.0 stars.
- Measure the rice into a saucepan and add double the volume of water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 14 minutes. Take off the heat and leave to stand, still covered for 11 minutes.
- Soak wooden kebab sticks in water, this stops them from burning. In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Add the rosemary and season well.
- Cut the lamb into cubes and put into the marinade. Use a spoon or your hands to coat the lamb with the marinade. Try to leave the lamb for at least 30 minutes if possible. You can leave it for up to 1 hour.
- Thread the lamb onto wooden skewers. Cut the pepper in half and scoop out the seeds, cut the flesh into chunks.
- Trim the courgettes and cut into similar sized pieces as the courgette. Thread the vegetables onto sticks.
- You can either cook the kebabs in the oven or on a hot griddle.
- For the oven – preheat to 190C/375F, Put the lamb kebabs and vegetables kebabs in a roasting tin. Drizzle a little oil over the vegetable kebabs. Roast for about 10 minutes, turn over. You may want to pour some of the marinade away.
- Alternatively, heat a griddle until really hot and cook the kebabs on the griddle.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas with the mint until tender, drain and whiz with a hand held blender or in a food processor until smooth. Serve the kebabs with the rice and peas.
Each portion contains
of your guideline daily amount
People who like this recipe also liked...