Curried coronation chicken
For weaning, either whizz the mango chunks to a purée, or if you feel that your baby is ready for finger foods, give him a piece to hold on to. Do the same with the avocado. You could also put aside a potato or two, remove the skins, mash and give to your baby.
Nutrition tip: Mango is a great source of betacarotene, for healthy eyes, and vitamin C, which assists the absorption of iron. Avocado provides monounsaturated fats, which are essential fats needed for energy and healthy skin.
User rating - 3 ratings - average 4.0 stars.
- 01 Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and fry gently until soft and golden. Add the curry powder, cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat, put into a bowl and set aside.
- 02 Add the citrus juice and chutney and mix. Gently fold in the mayonnaise and yogurt, making a slightly rippled effect. Season as desired.
- 03 Cut the mango either side of the stone, peel and slice thickly. Put some aside for your baby.
- 04 Add the chicken and mango to the chutney mixture and gently mix – the mango and chicken do not need to be totally covered.
- 05 Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, peel and thickly slice the flesh. Put some aside for your baby. Mix the rest with the watercress. Serve the coronation chicken with the watercress and avocado, and crusty bread or new potatoes.
Each portion contains
of your guideline daily amount
People who like this recipe also liked...