Easy mini fish cakes
These are very adaptable and make a healthy, hearty lunch or dinner for your little one. White fish, such as cod and haddock, are low in fat and are a good source of the antioxidant, selenium.
User rating - 1 ratings - average 2.5 stars.
- Cut the fish into small chunks (removing any bones), put into a saucepan and cover with milk. Bring the milk to a gentle simmer, poach the fish for 2 mins and take off the heat. Leave to cool.
- Bring half a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes, simmer until tender, drain and mash.
- Take the fish out of the milk and add to the potatoes and parsley and mix together.
- Dip your hands in flour and shape the mixture into 12 small fishcakes. Dust each with flour. If you would like to freeze some, simply leave them to cool first, and defrost before frying.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and gently fry 4 fishcakes for 2 mins on each side until golden. You may need to add more oil to cook the others. Serve with seasonal steamed vegetables.
People who like this recipe also liked...