Baked cookies make for a tasty personalised gift, but why not give someone special the ingredients to make their own? Layering all the ingredients in a jar is so easy your toddler can help. Plus, the jar looks beautiful when tied with some ribbon and a personalised gift tag. The lucky recipient just needs to add 100g of softened butter and mix all the ingredients together to make delicious cookie dough!
The key is to use a really lovely clear storage jar. Don't forget to include the instructions - write them on a small card and tie it to the jar with some pretty ribbon or twine, along with any festive decorations.
Jar ingredients (layer them as shown above)
- 150g self-raising flour
- A generous pinch of salt
- 50g light brown sugar
- 40g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 50g white chocolate chips or white chocolate cut into small chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and add 100g softened butter.
- Mix together, then bring the dough together using your hands and knead for a few seconds.
- Make 20 little balls out of the mixture. Put 10 balls on one baking sheet lined with non-stick paper. Push down to flatten them slightly. Put the remaining 10 on another baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Preparation time: 8 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Makes 20 cookies
- Suitable for freezing